Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween Makeup | The Beautifully Dead


I just did and impromptu makeup tutorial. As college students, some of us are a little short on cash and have hard times fitting the traditional costume into the budget. My friend asked me to do a little something to her face, in light of the holiday. This is what I came up with!

When doing makeup at all, you always want to start with a clean canvas. Even out the skin tone with whatever foundation you use.

To achieve a "dead" look, you want to pale out the face. I used a Krylon stage makeup concealer. I applied it on the high points of the face. I.e: top of the cheek bones, the top of the nose, eye brows, cupids bow ( the 'v' of the lip) and on the chin. Highlighting will bring out those features. After applying concealer, I set the concealer with a flesh tone shimmery eye shadow.

Here, I dramatically contoured her face. Contouring is used bring out the natural shadows in the face. You want to contour the places that create those shadows. I.e: the hollows of the cheeks, the groove right below the temple, the sides of the forehead, the eye socket, the ridges of the nose and under the jaw line.

You'll want to then, mask out the eye brows. Hailey's eye brows are extremely thick and I didn't bring the wax in order to hide them. A good alternative is to use a glue stick. Apply the glue stick all over the brows while brushing them upwards towards the forehead. Then, apply the same concealer over them.  Like I said before, Hailey's brows are thick, so this method did not exactly work. So, I decided to go for a more... grungy, flakey, lifeless look.

To create a bloody look to the lip, use the concealer to completely white out the lips. I added NARS Daredevil lip stain, with this method you want to build the color.

Then, go back over any areas you feel need it. This is a building process so it's possible for sides to be uneven. Just build to your personal preference.

To keep up with the beautiful side, I added some false lashes. This created a 'doe eye' effect.

And you're finished! 

I hope you enjoyed this and found it somewhat helpful. This look can be a base to anything other crazy look you would want to do. You can create a crazy eye and mute the lips or you can add some crazy lips with a subtle eye. I guess you can do it all if you want! 

Anyways, I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a very elegant and pretty Halloween makeup idea. I'd love to try that on Halloween.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete