Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sephora Beauty Products | Review / Tutorial

Me and Kat spend a couple hours in Sephora testing products to see which ones were good and which ones were mediocre. The employees at the Columbia Mall, J.C. Penney's Sephora were so helpful and lenient with us. It also helped that one of them was a fellow Susie! This went from a basic product review to a tutorial. I would've filmed it, but we didn't have a third person.
 I hope this is helpful!
I'm in love with the MAKEUP FOREVER HD Foundation. It gives a good medium coverage without looking too cakey. Always remember to set your foundation, the one used was the Bare Minerals Translucent Powder.

Another product I am I fan of is Erase Paste by Benefit. It comes in an easy to use container and a little bit goes a long way.
This product gets all the rave on YouTube. NARS Orgasm paired with the Laguna bronzer is a perfect combination  Here, I contoured with Laguna and blended out a bit with Orgasm. It gives a nice flush to the cheeks.
Using a highlight is always a good way to bring definition to the face and raise those cheek bones. I used NARS Sattelite of Love and applied it just above the cheek bones; sweeping up and away from the face toward the ear.
When applying eye shadow, you always want to use a good primer to make sure your eye shadow will stay put. The one I used was Urban Decay Primer Potion. On her lids, I swept Satin Sheets . In the crease, I used a combination of Pillow Talk and Like A Virgin and blended out. Then, I used Like A Virgin on the lower lash line. These colors were a perfect consistency. A little bit of fall out, but it's not very sticky so it sweeps right off.
The MAKEUP FOREVER Aqua Smokey Lash Mascara is definitely a quality product and worth the money. It's waterproof and gives a good length to the lashes.
This look can be paired with any type of lip; that's why I opt for it a lot. 
You can take it from day to night. The color used here is NARS Scarlette Empress, this is a good night look. NARS lipstick are always at the top of list of good quality long lasting lip colors - I even choose them over MAC. 
For a day look, I chose a pinky - peach frosty color. This one is Senorita by NARS.

Here is a mini video I shot of some of the products. I had to be sneaky!


No comments:

Post a Comment