Thursday, December 13, 2012

Real Women Magazine

As a Fashion Communication major, we are required to take Graphic Design classes. This semester, I was in Graphic Design II. At the beginning of the course it was very challenging, time consuming and overall not very enjoyable. It wasn't until the last project when I truly appreciated what I learned. The last project was to create a 2 page magazine spread. We had the choice to choose a magazine to create a spread for, or we could create our own magazine. For a while now, I had been thinking about creating my own plus size magazine. I know that there are a couple of plus-sized based magazines out there, but they must not be available in the Midwest because I have yet to see them.
In short, this is basically what I came up with. It's called Real Women magazine featuring my friend Ashley Landrum. I could wait to do this shoot with her. I let her borrow one of my black dresses and told her to 'Work It. She did and awesome job and I got an A on the whole project.


Styling, makeup and hair done by me.

1 comment:

  1. This is so inspiring , I would love to get my hands on a mag like that . The shots of gorges and your friend is stunning . I defiantly think you should do a mag even if its and E-mag. Keep up the great work . <3

    ReplyDelete